Monday, May 14, 2012

Yummy Tomato Soup...and EASY!

I actually found this recipe in People magazine and thought I'd try it since it was vegan.  I followed it exactly but doubled it due to the size of my family.  They all loved it!  I served it with toasted baguette...it was a hit!!

Tomato Soup

2 tbsp olive oil (I used a little less)
1/2 onion chopped
1 stalk celery chopped
1 clove garlic chopped (I used 2)
1 fennel bulb chopped
1 14.5 can diced tomatoes
1 cup low sodium vegetable broth  (found it at Trader Joes)
2 tbsp chopped basil
2 tbsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Saute onion, celery, garlic, and fennel for 10 minutes.  Add tomato and broth and simmer for 4 minutes.

Put mixture in blender and add basil, parsley, and salt and pepper.  Blend in blender and serve immediately or reheat in pot when ready to serve.  I topped it with fresh basil from my garden.  Yum!

I have a family of 5 so I doubled the recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment