Thursday, May 3, 2012

Biggest Challenge

My biggest challenge is still having enough meat free/dairy free food available so that when I'm hungry, I have a good healthy snack.  These days I seem to live on hummus...mostly cilantro jalapeno hummus.  Today I had a big workout...track workout and lake swim this evening.  I am constantly hungry and have to have food washed and cut and ready to eat.  Tonight I made pita pizzas on whole wheat pitas with hummus, black beans, tomatoes, spinach, onions, and vegan cheese.  They were delicious and so easy!!  My big challenge is still my family.  They love their meat!  I no longer serve red meat or pork and only do organic skinless chicken breasts.  They are getting more adventurous by trying my meals but it is hard to change old habits!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just ran across your recipes. They sound awesome!!! I can't wait to try them. I have recently began my journey of clean eating. Im not totally cutting out meat, but seldom eat it anyway. Mostly chicken. I've noticed lately, I'm eating less and less of even chicken. I recently discovered quinoa. LOVE IT!!!!! I'm so excited to see so many of your recipes using it. Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynna! Thanks for your comment. I agree...quinoa is great! I even toss it into my salads and my kids don't notice it :) Several people in my house eat chicken as well...they just eat a small portion of it and try to focus more on the "plant strong" items. Glad you found my blog!

    ReplyDelete