Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rip's Big Bowl....Fast & yummy breakfast!

From The Engine 2 Diet book by Rip Esselstyn

I'm always looking for breakfast ideas...having the same boring cereal every day does not excite me.  Plus, with all my working out, a simple bowl of cereal does not fill me up.  Giving up eggs was tough for me...I really like eggs!  So far my favorite breakfast is the quinoa pancakes.  If you haven't tried them you should!  However, for a quick easy breakfast, I like this Rip's big bowl.  Once you make it a couple of times, it is easy.  I made modifications to mine which I will note in the recipe.  Enjoy! :)



1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup grape nuts or Ezekiel brand equivalent
1/4 cup bite size shredded wheat
1/4 cup Uncle Sam Cereal
1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
2 tbsp raisins (I use golden raisins from Trader Joes)
1/2 handful of walnuts (not a walnut fan so I use hemp seed from Costco..3 tbsp is 11 grams protein)
1 banana, sliced
1 kiwi, sliced (I omitted this)
1 grapefruit (I omitted this)
3/4 cup milk substitute of choice (I use Almond Breeze Coconut/Almond milk unsweetened...YUM!)

Toss all ingredients except the grapefruit and milk substitute into a bowl.  Remove the grapefruit segments and put on top of cereal.  Squeeze in the juice.  Top the bowl with milk substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment