Sunday, August 19, 2012

Grilled Portobello Mushrooms

From: Forks over Knives Cookbook by Del Sroufe


Serves 4

3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp brown rice syrup (I couldn't find at store so I used molasses..same amount)
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
Fresh ground pepper to taste
4 large Portobello mushrooms, stemmed

Combine the soy sauce, brown rice syrup, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well

Place the mushrooms stem side up on a baking dish.  Pour the marinade over the mushrooms and let marinate for 1 hour

Prepare the grill

Pour the excess marinade off of the mushrooms, reserving the liquid, and place the mushrooms on the grill.  Grill each side for 4 minutes, brushing with marinade every few minutes

**You can serve on a whole grain bun.  I served mine without a bun alongside the quinoa arugula salad.

**The picture I'm posting is the mushrooms marinating.  FYI...they cook down quite a bit so I ate 2 since it was my entree and I'm a big eater! :)

1 comment: