Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Banana Bread muffins....delish!
1/4 c. non-dairy milk (I use almond milk)
1/4 tsp lemon juice
4-5 spotted or browning bananas (I use 4)
1/2 c. dark brown sugar
1/2 c. raw sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
Optional ingredients: 1/4 tsp almond extract plus 1 tsp of cherry extract (I added cherry extract. I didn't have almond)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease or spray a standard 8 in loaf pan or use muffin liners if you are making muffins
2. Whisk the non dairy milk with lemon juice-set aside
3. Cream bananas with both the sugars using a spatula until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk spices, flour, baking soda, and baking powder together.
5. Add milk/lemon juice and banana mixture to the flour mixture. Add remaining ingredients and just stir until just combined
6. Pour into loaf pan or muffin cups. If doing loaf, put a tent of foil over pan
7. Bake for 45 min to an hour for loaf or 18-20 min for muffins. insert toothpick to make sure it comes out clean to know when they are done.