Sunday, July 29, 2012

Asian soba noodle dish



Today I was struggling for what to make for lunch.  I didn't want another salad!  The problem with eating plant strong is you get tired of salads.  So I grabbed a bunch of stuff from the frig and went to work.  Turns out, I made a yummy dish that the whole family loved.  Quick, easy, and nutritious...now that's my kind of meal!

Soba noodles (I use the organic soba noodles from Costco-3 packets)
shelled edamame- 1 1/2 cups
Spinach-3 cups
Shitake mushrooms-1 1/2 cups (you can substitute portobello mushrooms as well
Chickpeas-1 can organic chickpeas rinsed and drained
Teriyaki sauce
Vegetable broth
chili paste (optional-if you like spicy)

Heat the soba noodles in pan with vegetable broth.  When they are heated through, add the edamame, mushrooms, and chickpeas.  Add teriyaki sauce-just enough to coat everything.  If desired, add 1 tbsp chili paste.  In separate pan, saute spinach with a little vegetable broth just until wilted.  Mix spinach  with noodle dish once noodle dish has simmered for 10 min.  Serve in bowls.  Serves hungry family of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment