Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)

Ok...These are just DELICIOUS!!  Finding a good vegan cookie is tough for me.  My sister in law passed this recipe on to me.  I made these cookies just like the recipe but didn't use chocolate chips.  Instead, I put 2 tbsp. of chia seeds in the batter (I doubled the recipe).  I recommend doubling the recipe since it doesn't make a lot and they freeze great!  The whole family will devour these!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups almond flour/meal (I used almond meal from Trader Joes)
3 tbsp xylitol or organic cane sugar (I used organic sugar)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp almond milk
1/3 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy life foods mini chips work great)
*I added chia seeds to the recipe and loved it (see note above)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a medium bowl, add the first four ingredients.
3. Add peanut butter, vanilla extract, and milk to a small bowl.
4. Bring the coconut oil to liquid form on the stovetop over low heat, measure 1/3 cup after it is in    liquid form, then pour over the peanut butter.  Mix until smooth
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix
6. Fold in chocolate chips and/or chia seeds
7. Scoop out a tbsp at a time and roll into a ball.  Place on a cookie sheet and press down slightly.
8. Bake until golden brown for 12 minutes.  They will be soft when you take them out, but will harden after a few minutes.  Once they have hardened, remove them from the cookie sheet.

Enjoy!

1 comment: