Thursday, August 29, 2013

Racing Plant Strong

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't race without eating meat.  I hear all the time "you need more protein to compete like you do".  That is a myth.  I get plenty of protein from plants, nuts, beans, tofu, etc.  I just competed in a marathon this past Sunday and qualified for the 2014 Boston Marathon!  I was 8 minutes faster than I was 4 years ago, and back then I was eating meat!  I feel stronger today, and healthier, now that I've cut animal protein out of my diet.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on qualifying for Boston--and especially for NEXT year. It should be an amazing, emotional year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so excited! I turn 45 next year so I thought it was a good time to try and qualify since I got some added minutes. I agree that it will be a very emotional race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Cath...I have tried some of your recipes and they are delicious! Trying to get your dad to give up meat at least once a week..I do know that we eat less meat, more fish, chicken. Thanks for posting recipes!

    ReplyDelete