I am trying to make more soup lately. I've read where it really helps to fill you up so I've been on the hunt for healthy and easy recipes. This one fits the bill! It is delicious!! Even my kids liked it. I doubled the recipe so I'd have leftovers. Don't forget to top it with cilantro and pumpkin seeds...it adds a lot to the soup! I followed the recipe exactly and used my immersion blender. Enjoy!!
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled and small dice (or 1 BPA free-can or container of pumpkin puree)
- 2 cups vegetable broth, more as needed
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitos)
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- In a pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and pumpkin and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, bay leaf, thyme and curry paste and cook for 15-20 minutes, adding more stock as needed.
- Take off the heat, remove the bay leaf and puree with an immersion blender or regular blender.
- Place back on the stove and add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper as desired. Heat until warmed through.
- To serve, place the soup in a bowl and top with the pumpkin seeds and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!