Sunday, June 29, 2014

Southwestern Quinoa Salad

From: Frolic through Life blog

This is a delicious side dish with a kick!  Our family loves spice...especially sriracha!  When I was asked to bring a side dish for a BBQ, this was what I decided to make.  No oil makes it even healthier!  This serves about 6 people.  I doubled it since I was going to a party.  I also used all organic veggies, quinoa, and beans.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup dry quinoa
  • 2 cups veggie stock
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 cup corn
  • 1/2 medium red onion, diced
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons sriracha
  • salt and pepper to taste
Pour veggie stock into a large pot and add quinoa. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer until quinoa is light and fluffy. Drain and rinse can of black beans. Combine beans, corn, diced onion and pepper in a large bowl. Add cooled quinoa, lime juice, vinegar and sriracha and mix to combine the flavors.  I made it several hours ahead so it had plenty of time for the sriracha to soak in! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment